Running for Rescues, Inc., is looking for people to Join the Pack – runners and non-runners alike! We want that non-runner to make a healthy decision in their life and save some shelter pets at the same time. Don’t worry, we’ll help! When you sign up to fundraise for us. Head on over to our Running for Rescues Run Group on Facebook where you'll find advice and support from veteran runners across the country. We want runners to challenge themselves with a new distance; 5k-ers to ride a ½ marathon; ½ marathoners to ride a marathon; marathoners to ride an ultra! Or better yet, why don’t you runners try a triathlon? Anything that will inspire others to donate to your efforts by doing something different!
Give of yourself for the benefit of a homeless pet.
The great thing about RfR is that you can pick your own race, in your own town, and fundraise for us independently. We’re looking for individuals to take charge of their fundraising campaign by giving them the freedom of making their own event choice. Simply go to https://www.firstgiving.com/organization/89691, set up your page and let all your friends and family know that YOU are going to put yourself out there and make a difference – all to benefit an animal who would otherwise be euthanized.
This is how it works! Save shelter animals nationwide by running ANY race ANYWHERE
- Find a race that you’d like to run (Make sure you leave yourself enough time to fundraise) and sign up.
- Visit the website https://www.firstgiving.com/organization/89691 and click the tab “Individual” at the top of the page.
- Enter Running for Rescues as the charity you’d like to fundraise for.
- Follow the prompts, design your very own page, then share it with all your friends/enemies/family and ask them to donate to your efforts.
- Once you create a page we will receive an email alerting us that we have a new runner – we will then contact YOU.
- Please note, there is NO minimum amount required for you to raise – your willingness to try to make a difference is awesome and good karma will be yours.
- Once you have run your race and your fundraising is complete, send us an email for your R4R finisher's medallion!
If you need assistance setting up your fundraising page, please email your contact information with the best time to reach you and we will be glad to call you and walk you through it.
Find an event! Sign Up Here.
If running is not for you, purchasing apparel helps spread the word and all proceeds are used for Pet rescue operations. Check it out!